• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Question about ordering '05 Mustang

  • Thread starter Thread starter PalaceofStangs1
  • Start date Start date Nov 21, 2004

PalaceofStangs1

New Member
Oct 23, 2004
27
0
0
Nov 21, 2004
#1
  • Nov 21, 2004
  • #1
Ok, it's been a little over two weeks since I've ordered my Mustang GT and I haven't heard anything from the dealer about a VIN# or anything new about the car. Should I give the dealership a call tomorrow and see what's up, or is this too soon? What have some you of done or are some of you doing in regard to that? Just curious, and thanks ahead of time for any info.
 
M

Mike McRann

New Member
Sep 23, 2004
21
0
0
Nov 21, 2004
#2
  • Nov 21, 2004
  • #2
PalaceofStangs1 said:
Ok, it's been a little over two weeks since I've ordered my Mustang GT and I haven't heard anything from the dealer about a VIN# or anything new about the car. Should I give the dealership a call tomorrow and see what's up, or is this too soon? What have some you of done or are some of you doing in regard to that? Just curious, and thanks ahead of time for any info.
Click to expand...
When I ordered mine on October 20 the dealer said they would have the VIN the next week.

I finally contacted the dealer on 11/4 and got my VIN and DORA and now, according to Ford, in a holding pattern so to speak...my car has been on a delay for at least three weeks.
 

PalaceofStangs1

New Member
Oct 23, 2004
27
0
0
Nov 21, 2004
#3
  • Nov 21, 2004
  • #3
Thanks Mike. I haven't heard a peep after ordering the car and I'm itching to at least get a VIN# or just about ANY information from them about its production. Thanks again for detailing what you've experienced so far.
 
C

cti

New Member
Nov 21, 2004
37
0
0
Staunton,VA
Nov 23, 2004
#4
  • Nov 23, 2004
  • #4
I went to the dealer today. They have 7 gt's ordered. I ordered mine 10/27. The dealer said that they were getting ready to have a knock down drag out with there ford rep. all 7 of there cars are labeled as scheduled. I don't guess I'm getting mine for x-mas
 
D

Darkhorse845

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
101
0
0
Las Vegas,Nevada
Nov 24, 2004
#5
  • Nov 24, 2004
  • #5
PalaceofStangs1 said:
Ok, it's been a little over two weeks since I've ordered my Mustang GT and I haven't heard anything from the dealer about a VIN# or anything new about the car. Should I give the dealership a call tomorrow and see what's up, or is this too soon? What have some you of done or are some of you doing in regard to that? Just curious, and thanks ahead of time for any info.
Click to expand...
Congrats on your new purchase have
fun with it!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
New to Mustangs/Fords
  • Joradan93Foxbody
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
173
The Welcome Wagon Mar 2, 2026
Joradan93Foxbody
J
S
Mustang questions…
  • sox2005
  • Dec 8, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
0
Views
276
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Dec 8, 2025
sox2005
S
G
1982 Mustang GL 5.0 single to dual exhaust conversion
  • Guyton
  • Jun 27, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
823
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 1, 2025
limp
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 28, 2026
from6to8
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
357
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?