Question On Iac Sensor

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
How do you know its time to either clean it or replace it...I have this weird idle after the car is warmed up and I do a re-start it will sometimes not idle or it will surge up and down...Also I want to check my TPS voltage too...any help would be great!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks I found it..im going to clean my IAC check the tps settings and clean the salt and pepper shakers see if this helps...car always ran great just started this a few months ago seems to be getting worse tho...

Yeah i did...sometimes i dont have the time to go reading thru all the stuff..figured its a common problem...just post it really quick..but yeah i read the sticky last nite so i have a few things im going to be checking now....

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah going to run codes this weekend.I really think its in the IAC it just started this a few months ago..i didnt drive it much this summer but ive been using it here and there and noticed it a month ago when i stopped to get gas went to start it and it did this...

yeah i did...sometimes i dont have the time to go reading thru all the stuff..figured its a common problem...just post it really quick..but yeah i read the sticky last nite so i have a few things im going to be checking now....
Oh I know what you mean, I just tossed a Ford FE engine oil path qustion in the wrong section after guy got a ton of responses of a "How much it's worth" thread under the sticky that says "No sales posting or whats it worth threads" :rlaugh: