question

• Sponsors (?)

well when your car is cold the lifters dont have oil in them yet so you hear clicking from that, this is why you should alwasy start the car and wait for the rpms to come down, takes 20 seconds, before you go anywhere, if it happends at really high rpms it might be detonation or valve float, there is NO reason to take a 99-00 above 5250 rpms and a 01 up above 5500 and pre 99.... 5250 even though they peak at 4500

you could be low/out of oil. i hit something on my oil filter one time and it it knocked a hole in it, i drove for about 1000 miles with no oil (at the most) before I took it into ford and they said thats what the problem was...my oil sending unit was bad also so it wasnt telling me i was out of oil. if the ticking sound comes on while you're driving, check your oil.

you dont drive 1000 miles with no oil you might get 10~ probably less a steady leak i can see lol. and there is no problem with your stock oil psi gauge other than its a POS in every ford mustang, starting in ... cant remember the year.... ford changed it out so anytime you have 6 psi of oil pressure the gauge is turned on and the needle goes to the middle of the gauge, it never moves just stays there. a real oil psi gauge moves constantly, mine is always changing from stop and go and what not.

I agree there. You wouldn't get 10 miles without oil. A budy had an old lawn mower that we fixed, was junk anyways, well we tried a few different things. The last thing we did was take all the oil out and see how long the thing would last without it. wasn't even three minutes actually and the thing locked. was quite cool, made the mower almost do a complete flip. :rlaugh:

i dunno the guy @ ford said the dumbass i had change my oil that time used a wrench to put the oil filter on with and poked a hole in the filter and that was 1000 miles before they looked at it....they said there was 0 oil in it

ChrisYellowV6 said:
i dunno the guy @ ford said the dumbass i had change my oil that time used a wrench to put the oil filter on with and poked a hole in the filter and that was 1000 miles before they looked at it....they said there was 0 oil in it

:banana: Sounds like a Prolong commercial. :nice:

Ur motor would have nuked itself after 5 miles(probably sooner). Either the crack addict at Ford had to much the night before or it just happened and you really lucked out. :D

The noise is either an exhaust leak or noisy lifter(s) which can be caused by anything like bad gas, carbon buildup, lack or oil(low pressure making it up top), bad lifter(s), etc.