• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Quick Electric Choke Question...

  • Thread starter Thread starter EL1NOR
  • Start date Start date Jul 10, 2004

EL1NOR

Member
Apr 14, 2003
227
0
16
Hampstead, NH
Jul 10, 2004
#1
  • Jul 10, 2004
  • #1
Hey guys,
I installed my electric choke conversion kit onto my carb a couple weeks ago. But I think I did it wrong. Inside the black choke cap is a coil spring. I just inserted the metal end of it into the slot on the choke assembly and fastened it. But the idle is always low and stalls the engine if cold. So I'm thinking that maybe I'm supposed to place the coil spring end on like I did originally, but twist the cap once or twice to give the spring the tension it needs to work??

Does that sound right? How many rotations? Which way?

-Tim
 

EL1NOR

Member
Apr 14, 2003
227
0
16
Hampstead, NH
Jul 10, 2004
#2
  • Jul 10, 2004
  • #2
nevermind. i played with it and it works fine now.

-Tim
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
242
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
389
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
357
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
352
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?