QUICK Help me identify these parts and wires

Lawbreaker5.0

Feb 20, 2009
Texas
So i have a mustang meet this saturday and i'm trying to finish the car before then and right now i'm in the process of hiding the main engine harness behind dash. Well thats going fine, but when i pulled the dash out this piece falls out directly under the ignition area.

It has a slot on one side and some type of flat prongs on the back that have a spring underneath holding them up. I don't see anything broken off so i have no clue and need some help.

I'm also in the middle of a 4 cyl to 5.0 swap with this car so its crucial that i have all the wiring correct including whatever part this is.

There is also some type of ALarm or something that was connected to the bottom part of the dash. It looks like it goes all the way back to the nuetral safety switch.

Should i take this out i don't have the little key either and it doesn't work properly becuase i can start it with just the key.

Any advice would be great. Here are the crappy cell phone pics. Sorry guys

0414000004a.jpg

0413002104.jpg

0414000004.jpg

0414000007.jpg

0414000007a.jpg

0414000008.jpg

0414000008a.jpg

0414000009.jpg

0414000008a.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. Maybe the car was broken into and they broke the ignition switch and then they added this cut off switch to prevent it from happening again? The ignition switch isn't broken so maybe this was the older one. I did notice that the ign sw doesn't want to stay completely matted with he column. It's kind of loose.

Does anyone know who made this kill switch cuz maybe I could get a new code card and reader?

Get a new ign switch and be done with it. It shouldn't be loose like that. It's a sign that it's about ready to fail. Common problem with them all. They like to come apart where the metal tabs are bent over. Don't know why they were never revised. If they were, then they are still a POS. And , also make sure both torx that hold it down are secure.

What I don't get is how a piece of the ign switch just falls out..... IF it's not the original. There's really not any room for spare parts in the column. lol . Does it crank over yet and all the gauge indicators light up? Or haven't you got to that point yet?