quick question, loctite on spark plugs

• Sponsors (?)

I have a question also, I used light anti seize. Will I have to wipe it off and apply lock tite? Does anti seize prevent lock tite from working? What color lock tite???

Kilgore Trout said:
MikeZ28 is a Ford tech and he said that lock tite SHOULD BE USED...

i do this now too ALL customer 4.6's and 5.4's that i do plugs on. it may be a little harder too get the plugs out the next time but they will stay in the head.

somewhat on topic.. i ran a lighting once a few months ago on the street. and his motor was ticking real loud when we ran. we were side by side and i got out of the gas and motioned for him too pull over. he did and i told him about the noise i heard. he said he will look into it and asked if i wanted too run again??? WTF i just told him his plug was going too blow out of the head any minute and he wants too run. :nonono: of course i said no. anyways i used too see that lighting all the time on the strip we cruise now i don't see it anymore. truck was out of warrenty with a young kid driving. i bet he can't afford the repair now.

MikeZ28 said:
YES locktite. the problem is not with the plugs seizing in the problem is with them blowing out of the head.. this is already a tsb and recomended on PDI in the lighting.

locktite your plugs

Are you serious? tell me which dealership you work at so i can get my plugs changed and then new heads after you ruin mine. You are EXACTLY why I don't let Ford techs touch my car. Anybody who is reading this thread....DO NOT PUT LOCTITE ON YOUR THREADS!!!!

Adam