• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

Quick Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter MustangIIGirl
  • Start date Start date Jul 28, 2005
M

MustangIIGirl

New Member
Jan 5, 2003
42
0
0
Chehalis, WA
Jul 28, 2005
#1
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #1
Just curious if anyone has any good ideas for how I can sell my II fast......
 
C

COBRAIIW

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
562
1
0
CT
Jul 28, 2005
#2
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #2
E-Bay
 
M

MustangIIGirl

New Member
Jan 5, 2003
42
0
0
Chehalis, WA
Jul 28, 2005
#3
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #3
I thought of that...but it seems like a hassle and I don't have time to deal with it....trying to move overseas.....
 
A

Andy CobraII

New Member
Aug 13, 2003
52
0
0
Jul 28, 2005
#4
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #4
Post in forum

I bought mine after seeing an ad in mustangII.net classified section.
Post some pictures and a fair price and an enthusiast nearby may see.
No hassle of signing up for ebay, just have people inquire to an email address

andy
 
C

COBRAIIW

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
562
1
0
CT
Jul 28, 2005
#5
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #5
How about the obvious? Post it here too. Better put it in the parts forum though, pics would be nice.
There are a few guys here from your area.
 
M

MustangIIGirl

New Member
Jan 5, 2003
42
0
0
Chehalis, WA
Jul 28, 2005
#6
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #6
I plan on putting it here, the auto trader and my local newspaper....The pics are at home though, so I just have to remember to bring them to work...so far people just have not been very receptive that I have talked to about! I am just hoping to get a couple thousand and it isnt looking likely!
 

Eos

Oh Heather Oh yeah... I want your pink taco
Jun 13, 2003
734
3
0
oklahoma
Jul 28, 2005
#7
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #7
It's going to be hard to get the money out of it that you need unless you find a II enthusiast. Or just someone who doesn't know what they are getting into. lol
 
M

MustangIIGirl

New Member
Jan 5, 2003
42
0
0
Chehalis, WA
Jul 28, 2005
#8
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #8
I have a couple buyers that would give me $1500... I know that I will never get out of it what I put into it....that was a mistake....I will probably end of taking the $1500 because I have a month...maybe a little bit longer to get rid of it.
 
7

77sleeper

GO BUCS!
Founding Member
Oct 11, 1999
7,266
0
0
Napalm, AZ
Jul 28, 2005
#9
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #9
insurance
 
M

Mustangj

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2001
1,228
2
0
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Jul 28, 2005
#10
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #10
Have you checked into container prices to possibly bring it with you? Driving a Mustang is cool in any country! I would check into the countries laws depending on where you are going you may have trouble registering it. The Mustang II was sold in many countries so it may be no problem. I just sold my Mark VII and I already regret it. When you are broke (like I am) it would seem a couple grand would help, in reality I forget where the money went already and I wish I still had the car! My best friend bought it, and put a new engine in it, so at least it went to a good home
 

Eos

Oh Heather Oh yeah... I want your pink taco
Jun 13, 2003
734
3
0
oklahoma
Jul 28, 2005
#11
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #11
I paid 1500 for my II with a bad engine and trans.
 

Dano78

Founding Member
Nov 1, 1999
2,633
2
47
Vancouver, WA
Jul 28, 2005
#12
  • Jul 28, 2005
  • #12
MustangIIGirl said:
Just curious if anyone has any good ideas for how I can sell my II fast......
Click to expand...


Here's the secret, in black and white......

Sell it extremely cheap.
That's the ONLY way it'll sell fast. It's sad but true and applies to ANY car, not just a II. It helps to have particular car enthusists hooked, but when it come down to it, moving it FAST, it'll have to be cheap.

Or the latest and most effective way.... put it on E-bay for a $1 opening bid and let'er ride without a reserve.. I GUARANTEE it'll sell FAST.


On another note- Since I'm a II guru and happen to be real close to you (which is always a perk to any deal) I'd like more info on it if you're willing to do so. I may be interested even though I think the wife has just about had it with me and my collection of crap (I drug home a '71 Comet GT a couple weeks ago) and most likely would blow her top if I drug home another.
However... as far as I'm concerned... if it doesn't have any negitive ipmact on her lifestlye (and it really never does) and i like it, I buy it.
 
M

MustangIIGirl

New Member
Jan 5, 2003
42
0
0
Chehalis, WA
Jul 29, 2005
#13
  • Jul 29, 2005
  • #13
It is a beautiful car...It took me a while to appreciate it! I got it five years ago and since have painted it, re-done the vinyl top, re-done the interior, the exhaust, re-built the engine, and just like anyone else with a II, i have replaced every electrical part possible!.
We are hoping to move Italy though and I have a 2002 Mustang GT that I will take with me if I take my car. Nothing againest the II, i love it and all but.....So that is where I am at with it!
 
M

Mustangj

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2001
1,228
2
0
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Jul 29, 2005
#14
  • Jul 29, 2005
  • #14
I have driven both, sell the rental car and bring the II! The Mustang II was sold in Europe, it was called the T-5 there. You know in aproximately 20 years the 2002 Stang will become cool. (Just Joking I love all Mustangs)
 
M

MustangIIGirl

New Member
Jan 5, 2003
42
0
0
Chehalis, WA
Jul 30, 2005
#15
  • Jul 30, 2005
  • #15
We will probably only be there 3 years...unless we really like it and I think I will store the 2002 here anyway...heres a pic of the 78 though

http://forums.stangnet.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22382
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Mustang I I truck gasket
  • roadsterII
  • Aug 4, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
4
Views
143
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Aug 8, 2026
Enzio
R
Suspension Lower control arms needed
  • racer_dave
  • Feb 9, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
3
Views
301
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Feb 20, 2026
Noobz347
Views vs attendance - check in and share your experience!
  • LILCBRA
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
13
Views
388
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Aug 20, 2026
LILCBRA
Exhaust April is the worst month
  • Enzio
  • Mar 4, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
5
Views
271
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Mar 7, 2026
LILCBRA
Strongest series Mustang II? Boss?
  • greenflash79
  • Jun 12, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
15
Views
478
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Jun 16, 2026
greenflash79
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?