Quietest Hi-volume fuel pump

Horsepower67

Feb 1, 2004
Heh, well 30-32 psi from my loud whining FP helps explain my slugglish vert that doesn't like to rap high RPM's...
Any recommendations on intank pumps?
I have a T-Rex 50/70 gph external, but it's just way more than I need on this one, probably going on ebay,... unless it finds it's way onto the Ranchero... lol

• Sponsors (?)

i don't know of a quiet hi volume fuel pump. I do know that the BBK units are the same as Walbro, so save your money and get a Walbro. My BBK 255 is kinda loud, but there's not much you can do about it unless you wanna sound proof your car or something

Yeah, I plan on using Dynamat, or Fatmat in the rear of the car. Verts with gears and full exhaust gets a little loud in a daily driver.... pipes, plus road noise, plus lotsa wind noise....

A couple of weeks ago I was forced to buy a pump/adj reg ..... got the 190lph FRPP assembly from Summit ($210) and a BBK adjustable ($100).

Install only took a couple of hours and the pump is extremely quiet, you can barely hear it prime the system :nice: No more top end fuel starvation :banana:

Seriously satisfied :flag:

89CopCoupe said:
A couple of weeks ago I was forced to buy a pump/adj reg ..... got the 190lph FRPP assembly from Summit ($210) and a BBK adjustable ($100).

Install only took a couple of hours and the pump is extremely quiet, you can barely hear it prime the system :nice: No more top end fuel starvation :banana:

Seriously satisfied :flag:

You can get a Walbro for around $100 on ebay, I paid $125 for a BBK, which is literally the same exact thing, but you can hear them, so if it's worth that much to you. With exhaust and a stereo and your dynamat stuff, you should not hear the pump, i don't hear it over the stereo.