• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

R & R spoiler

  • Thread starter Thread starter GOLDENPONY
  • Start date Start date Sep 11, 2005

GOLDENPONY

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
1,503
0
36
LOVELAND, OHIO
Sep 11, 2005
#1
  • Sep 11, 2005
  • #1
I am going to remove my spoiler on my '06 GT 'vert for painting. I understand that in addition to the 4 studs, there's some kind of "stickey" tape or gasket between the spoiler and trunk lid. After I have my spoiler painted flat black, do I need to replace this gasket? Do I get it from Ford?
 

bigcat

start with the upper hole, and if more traction is
May 1, 2005
3,015
1
79
7200 feet
Sep 11, 2005
#2
  • Sep 11, 2005
  • #2
it is probably just 2 sided tape. usually is. otherwise it is a gasket.
 

199

New Member
Apr 22, 2005
101
0
0
Sep 12, 2005
#3
  • Sep 12, 2005
  • #3
delete the spoiler get a ducktail
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

9
New from northern MN
  • 91firecracker
  • Apr 19, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
198
The Welcome Wagon Apr 19, 2026
Noobz347
M
Too much for me to repair in my current housing situation
  • My Drama Magnet 04 Gt
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
8
Views
378
The Welcome Wagon Apr 14, 2026
Noobz347
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Engine Throwing codes 94, 33, 34, 44, and sporadic engine shutoff.
  • Ryu
  • Oct 9, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
13
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 13, 2026
Noobz347
Paint and Body Missing windshield molding stud
  • AnthonyA1234
  • Oct 30, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
16
Views
808
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 3, 2024
Mac131
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?