Radiator Fan

Fan issues

Hello all. My oem fan just went out. I went to pull the motor out and the fan center of the fan blade came out.... sweet! Anyway I was looking to get a flexalite fan, but with no success, not many of them fit our stock radiator, especially one with real cfm. From what i have read on this site the oem is good enough? I noticed that many of you are using manual switches on the fans why? How do you install one...? Thank you very much.. i am really enjoying this site.... first day:nice:
 
Hello all. My oem fan just went out. I went to pull the motor out and the fan center of the fan blade came out.... sweet! Anyway I was looking to get a flexalite fan, but with no success, not many of them fit our stock radiator, especially one with real cfm. From what i have read on this site the oem is good enough? I noticed that many of you are using manual switches on the fans why? How do you install one...? Thank you very much.. i am really enjoying this site.... first day:nice:

Welcome!

We use manual switches or tune the on/off settings because the fan naturally doesnt come on until very late.

The OEM fan generally flows enough for most combos. The issue is just with the fan wiring or motor taking a dump for some folks.

For some general info and how-to's (like fan switches), see here.

Good luck.
 
the oem fan is really better than most aftermarket fans out there they have two speeds on it and they last longer because they have dual coils inside for the two speeds.I have mine set to run at high speed with a aftermarket fan controller for three years with no problems with the original fan