Radio Feed Back Question

Doc Voodoo

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
Conn
Ok geting alot of feed back in the radio. I have a kenwood custom audio along with the CD changer in the trunk. The Amps Are MTX I have 2 of them with a Pre AMP / Equlizer. The speakers are MB Quartz . I get alot of noise from the engine you can hear the whine with the RPM as it goes up and down.
Also Some times I will get a Sound Spike that will not alow the music to come through. The main power comes off the battery and is a very think amp gage that goes down to 2 smaller gage amp feeds. I am thinking its the ground since I have them all grounded to one spot in the back .

Some times it will play for days with out the Spikes though the whine is always there yea just can't hear it unless your between songs on the CD player

This is one of two problems...

1. Loose ground, if the amps are not grounded you could get some noise through the speakers.

2. You have a crappy signal cable (the white and red one that goes to the amps). I had a wiring kit and ditched the signal cable it came with because I was getting noise, so I bought a new signal cable, a streetwires zero noise 3 or 4 or something like that, and it cost like 40 bucks but it was worth it.

Good luck with the problem, I would check the ground first because thats an easy (and free) solution.