Rainbow colored headers

jstang209

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
Stockton 209
Im starting to notice my headers are turing lots of colors, they're Chrome BBK Shortys. Is it just becuase their cheap, or could it be something with the motor? If i remove them is their probably something that i can clean them up with? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Ask any guy that owns a motorcycle with chrome headers and he'll tell you that keeping the blue off of them is a reason for singing the blues. The chrome discolors because of the heat, and not because there is anything wrong with the engine.

Just be glad they are rainbow colors. The O-ring on the cable driven tach on one of my bikes (old school) was seeping oil, which dripped onto two of the three headers and the result left me wishing for rainbows.

Your headers are gay, and proud, and they are juse expressing themselves. Do you ever hear a lisp in your exaust note, that would comfirm it. :jester:

OK, that was corny, but there is nothing wrong with your headers, gay or not.

My dad and I swapped some long tubes on an old 318 dodge warlock II pickup.. they turned from chrome to rust colored in about a week.. what a letdown.. we ended up wrapping them just to hide the uglyness.

exact reason why i bought the ceramic. sure they're shiney for about a day and then they're ugly.

normal_bbk.JPG