Rear Disc Brake Conversion

gikort

Nov 26, 2010
Hey Guys, it's been a while since I posted. I developed a rear disc brake conversion kit that adapt 94-04 Mustang and Mustang GT rear disc brakes to the stock small-bearing 8 and 9 inch housings in early fords. I have been using them in my 67 coupe on both the street and track for several years now, and on my 67 T/A racecar. They proportion extremely well with the factory front 4-piston KH disc brakes, fit inside a 15" wheel, and don't change the track width. I'm selling the bracket kit for $150. You will need to source your own calipers, rotors, and hoses (I've purchased used sets for as little as $50). Let me know if you have any questions or check out my website for more information https://www.vintageraceworks.com/products/rear-disc-brakes

Here are a few photos of the kit and install:
XlGxYwNy_o.jpg

STA4mqzN_o.jpg

b4SgRYuc_o.jpg

nG9vHS7R_o.jpg

I've used both the stock disc/drum master cylinder and the SN95 Cobra master cylinder with this setup. I recommend using an adjustable proportioning valve to dial in the braking system to how you want it.

• Sponsors (?)

Nicely done. I've been waiting for someone to make these brackets forever. The cobra ones are the way to go if you have the wheel for it, the extra cooling from the vented/larger rotor is a big upgrade over the smaller non-vented rotor.

Do you have a solution for the parking brake cable yet?

@Rusty67 Sorry for the long reply, I haven't been receiving notifications from this site for some reason. Anyway, I have been working on a solution to adapt the factory (65-73) handbrake cables into the SN95 calipers. I'm hoping to have them ready in the next few months.