rear quarter window in a '03 convertible

Johnson505

Jan 12, 2004
Has anyone had problems with there rear quarter window coming lose and falling into the bottom of the quarter panel? Mine did and when the glass guy came over to fix it, we found that the glass was glued to the bracket instead of bolted like most cars. We checked the other side and it was the same way. The glass guy said that glue will no hold the glass and it will fall out again. The glass guy ordered a new glass from Ford to see if it is suppose to be like this or if my car was assembled wrong. Any additional info would be great.

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

Wow man. I always thought that the little rear quarter windows on the convertible can be rolled up and down. Is it fixed on to a metal frame which it attached to the mechanism which goes up and down? I always thought that the bottom part of the window was "clamped" on a metal track. I never knew that it was supposed to be bolted on.

well it sounds like the brackets that attch the glass to the window regulator came off he glass... no glue that u can get will hold it good... the adhesive they use to attach those brackets from the factory is some type of super ultra high strength stuff... but once the bracket comes off u have to replaced the whole glass cause it comes with it...