• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Rebuilding Calipers on 67 Musatng 4-piston

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Scratch
  • Start date Start date Jun 17, 2004

J-Scratch

Member
Apr 23, 2004
74
0
6
Jun 17, 2004
#1
  • Jun 17, 2004
  • #1
Has anyone done this on a 67 Coupe. What costs are involved, what do I need, how-to (go about rebuilding them), where do I get the parts, etc.....
Would I be better off buying new ones?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Cars runnig strong, but need the damn thing to stop....
 

L8knight

New Member
Apr 29, 2004
52
0
0
Chicagoland
Jun 17, 2004
#2
  • Jun 17, 2004
  • #2
I am actually doing this right now. I was going to rebuild, but my driver's side caliper has a stud broke off in it and I gave up on trying to get it out, so I found a place in California that has rebuilt OEM calipers for $80. So that is what I went with (hopefully they will arrive tomorrow/Monday).
You can get rebuild kits from a ton of places (MustangsUnlimited.com, John's Mustangs, etc). You will get new seals, pistons, etc. You'll probably want to go ahead and get the transfer lines ($12/pair) and the short brake hoses from the caliper to the line. Pads are about $18. Oh, and you'll need the retaining clip for the pads ($10) if your current ones aren't worthy of re-using.
I can let you know more once I start on mine, which I was hoping was going to be on Saturday.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
140
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
Engine Suggestions on an engine rebuild. Stock cam/GT40Ps or aftermarket on both for a fun weekend driver?
  • MadSquirrelTech
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
MadSquirrelTech
Y
Speed density 302 to carb 351W
  • yaboity
  • May 29, 2026
  • Fox Engine Swaparoo
Replies
1
Views
171
Fox Engine Swaparoo May 29, 2026
AeroCoupe
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
210
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
185
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?