rebuilt 302 oil pressure problem. need help!!

bmxican

Nov 9, 2009
ok so i just rebuilt the 302 in my 86 mustang. It is now carbed too if that will help simplify it. alright and now the problem is the lifters really arent getting any oil. only a couple of them are if anything. i hooked up a mechanical oil gauge and it is only getting about 5 psi at idle and about 30-35 at 4000 rpm. this is the first start up on this motor too so i have no idea wat it could be any help is greatly appreciated!!

• Sponsors (?)

A friend of mine built a miata(ya I know right?) and the pickup tube was slightly bent and was contacting the bottom of the pan. I'd look into that also

No it's a turbo/nitrous miata, I've been trying to get him to go 5.0 for a while though, there's one for sale in my town for like $1800 has every part to be finished, If the cars weren't the size of skittles I'd be all over it

I have a remain with 400 miles on it and the same problem. I pulled the engine today, hope its just a oil pump even tho It has a new one. only other thing will be a bearing problem. drop me your E mail, and I will let you knwo what I fined.

After the engine runs have you removed one or both of the valve covers to see how much oil is sitting in the rockers? Assuming you have stock rockers anyway. Ouch, the only way to really find out would be to install a new pump and if that does not solve your going to have to inspect the bearings.