Recorded my best DA corrected 1/4 mile time last night

This 13.754mph @101.01 MPH run was done in 75.9 degree heat at Kansas City International Raceway last night and density altitude corrects to:

13.391 sec @ 103.814 MPH

:lol:

Stock Pirelli tires, Automatic transmission, stock 3.31s gears---just a Bamachips 91 Octane Race tune, Shaker Hood Scoop and Corsa Axel-Back exhaust. Doug's tunes are amazing.

Attachments

• l_9e4b384a87e4c566f7d848978dbfcb1b.jpg
    l_9e4b384a87e4c566f7d848978dbfcb1b.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice run.
I think the DA corrected times have run their course and we should stick to what the timeslip shows. Any improvements in ET or MPH will be taken as better weather conditions, driver improvement or mods. Just my .02

Nice run.
I think the DA corrected times have run their course and we should stick to what the timeslip shows. Any improvements in ET or MPH will be taken as better weather conditions, driver improvement or mods. Just my .02

That's easy for you to say, my track is at 5800 ft actual. You don't even want to know the kind of DAs we see here!!! :D

If your times and speeds increase, then that is a good thing no matter what the staring point...at least in my book. I do see your point however when you tell somebody you run a 14.5(just a random #)with a slightly modded S197 GT.

Nice run.

+1

:flag: :canada: :SNSign: :hail2:

I disagree!!!! The only way you can come up with any useful info from a run is if it is corrected.

Back when i ran bracket races I kept a log of every run my car made and the weather at the time and all the correction data. With that info and knowing the weather at the track that day I was able to get very accurate dial in's

if you did not correct your times on test runs then they were useless for tuning and for logging the progress of your mods and driving skill

My rule of thumb is

Use corrected times for tracking your car/skill progress and use uncorrected times to tell people in your area what you run.

If you are serious about drag racing or getting the most out of your ride you should know the weather and keep a log of everything including how you launched and shift points.. This stuff comes in handy latter and can help you tune the car if you have the ability to tune at the track with a laptop.

Without time correction it is impossible to compare cars run at different tracks or even on a different day.. You can not even compare data from the same car same track on a different day with different weather if it is not corrected.

I disagree!!!! The only way you can come up with any useful info from a run is if it is corrected.

Back when i ran bracket races I kept a log of every run my car made and the weather at the time and all the correction data. With that info and knowing the weather at the track that day I was able to get very accurate dial in's

if you did not correct your times on test runs then they were useless for tuning and for logging the progress of your mods and driving skill

My rule of thumb is

Use corrected times for tracking your car/skill progress and use uncorrected times to tell people in your area what you run.

If you are serious about drag racing or getting the most out of your ride you should know the weather and keep a log of everything including how you launched and shift points.. This stuff comes in handy latter and can help you tune the car if you have the ability to tune at the track with a laptop.

Without time correction it is impossible to compare cars run at different tracks or even on a different day.. You can not even compare data from the same car same track on a different day with different weather if it is not corrected.

+1,

That is how I do it...

People ask me how quick my car has gone in the 1/4, I say it's best is 13.57 @ 101, but is a consistent 13.7 car.

Corrected, my car has 3 very high 12 second runs in and lots of low 13 second passes. Those numbers are for my use only.

+1,

That is how I do it...

People ask me how quick my car has gone in the 1/4, I say it's best is 13.57 @ 101, but is a consistent 13.7 car.

Corrected, my car has 3 very high 12 second runs in and lots of low 13 second passes. Those numbers are for my use only.

I agree as well. Next thing is that we will have someone that doesn't live close to a track and decides to post up hp. numbers with some conversion on what it should run. Let's stick with the slips. If you don't live near a good track, plan a vacation to a national event at one of the better tracks. For example, Fun Ford Weekend is every August up here in New Hampshire. I have seen racer's come from as far as Texas to race here. I personally have gone as far as Indianapolis to show our 1995 Mustang. (Wouldn't do that again). Anyway, just a thought. If any of you guys come up this way, I'll buy you lunch at the track.

I had a week off about a month ago, and was seriously considering driving to Kearney, Nebraska, (almost 400 miles) or Kansas City, (over 600 miles) just to get a few runs in at a track with air. Didn't make it, though.

At worst, I do have a nephew getting married in KC next year, and if I do drive over for the wedding, I will definitely schedule track time on that trip! I have heard from more than one person that running at Topeka, Kansas will give you a full second off your time at Bandimere.

I had a week off about a month ago, and was seriously considering driving to Kearney, Nebraska, (almost 400 miles) or Kansas City, (over 600 miles) just to get a few runs in at a track with air. Didn't make it, though.

At worst, I do have a nephew getting married in KC next year, and if I do drive over for the wedding, I will definitely schedule track time on that trip! I have heard from more than one person that running at Topeka, Kansas will give you a full second off your time at Bandimere.

if you ever head to kearney, let me know. i may have to make a trip that way to join in on the fun!

mike, i see your point about the corrections, but i dont think everyone should run around saying they have a 12 seconf car if they have never actually ran 12 seconds with a slip to back it up. saying that the car has potential to go 12s in good air, better driver, etc. is different to me. none of us are pro drag racers, so i dont see the point in telling everyone here what the conversion time is. it does have its place, but IMO not as "the number".

I estimate, just on altitude alone, that Heartland Park Topeka should be good for six tenths of a second off your time compared to Bandimore. The track is probably maintained and prepped better too since it is a NHRA Nationals facility. So that is probably worth a tenth. The track elevation is 982 feet, compared to 5830 at Bandimore.

I ran at Mason Dixon Dragway, which hosts NHRA meets. They had great track prep. Watching my video, my tires spin briefly launching around 1700-1800 RPM. Not bad for street radials:nice: On the street, I can pretty much spin all through first with the revs only up near 1000 RPM.