Regular Car Reviews: 1987, 1993 Fox Body Mustang

LiquidStangs

Dec 13, 2015
Indianapolis metro area
RCR is known for vulgar, lit-major takes on cars. When he's not making fart jokes and doing weird psychedelic non-sequiturs, he talks mostly about his take on the car's culture and how it fits into general culture, and less about the car itself. That, and he styles himself the champion of the regular car, dissing the Challenger but swooning over a mint Plymouth Horizon, for example.

On the one hand, a lot of his videos are train wrecks. On the other, I think his review of the Pontiac Fiero GT is the best video review of a car I've ever seen.

Anyway, he's reviewed the SN95 before (or, rather, his team partner The Roman has, because it's The Roman's car), and he's reviewed a recent vintage GT500. But today, he took a spin on the Fox.

It's a little trollish in some parts, but great in others. I haven't made up my mind whether it's good overall or not.

• Sponsors (?)

uh yeah, he's a douche. He forgot to mention that when the fox body came out, it was beating pretty much everything on the street including muscle cars from the 60's and 70's with nothing more than a few bolt ons. For $13 grand, you could buy a brand new car that with some easy mods did 13's. Plus, name another car that 25 years after they rolled off the assembly line the aftermarket still makes new parts for it and defined a generation of pony cars.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't see the video, I'll have to go to the regular computer to see it.
Now about the fox and it's place in pony car history.
Now keep in mind that this is just an opinion, when the fox platform came out it redefined the 'pony car'. Even the I6 could run with the gm counterpart on the street. And the gm car cost more. Your right about the 13k stang and a coulpe bolt ons making fun of the other cars in its class, ford was right on the money with the 65 model and saw that again with the fox, light weight and options, still works today, right?
Ford down sized with the mustang II and it still out sold gm.
THE longest running car model in history, and out sold everything in its calass with the exception of what 4 or 5 years, now thats pony car history, but I am preach'n to the choir.
I hear the same thing now that I did about the 1st and 2nd gen stangs, everybodys got a story about'em.
And I like em.