Resetting my ECU??

Mindstatic Pro

Jan 15, 2006
INDY
I have recently put a new block in my car along with some other simple mods..
CAI, 75mm TB/plenum, headers, catted x, cb...those are really the only power mods. Other than the timing needing advanced the car is running strong. I have all kinds of codes thrown and need to reset the ECU or PCM..??..?....

I had the them read at autozone and everything from the O2's to the crankshaft position sensors was thrown....to many codes to list. They reset the light but it was back on before I left the parking lot and I didnt bother having them read again cause there was a line for the test. I heard that the ECU needs to be reset to re-learn the new setup since the motor has been completley rebuilt.

1. Is this true?
2. If so, what is the procedure?
3. Should I just wait until I can get the XCal 2?

Thanks in advance.....

• Sponsors (?)

If you are getting codes, you are getting them for a reason. None of the mods you listed would require a change in the tune, so the codes are likely valid. Get the codes read again, and list them all and we can help you trouble shoot the problems. But first check the obvious. Look for vaccuum leaks, etc.

Everything is solid..no loose ends anywhere. For example, its throwing codes for all 4 O2 sensors when all 4 of them are brand new and installed myself. I did the complete rebuild myself and personally re-connected the wiring harness and all vaccum lines etc...