• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Rich or lean?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ch47600
  • Start date Start date Feb 11, 2006
C

ch47600

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2001
69
0
6
San Antonio, TX
Feb 11, 2006
#1
  • Feb 11, 2006
  • #1
I was driving home today after about an hour drive and when I pulled into the neighbor the car really bogged down under a heavy load. If I feathered the gas it ran decent but if you trounced on it the car bogged down then sputtered and took off.

The car has always ran very rich due to the FMU and bucks in first as you let the clutch out. However, I'm thinking that the car leaned out. Considering that this is the first time I've experienced this I'm not thinking that it's the fuel pump but maybe a sensor.

Here's what I'm running:
155 LPH fuel pump, 5 LB Powerdyne blower, B cam, everything else is stock. I've ran this set up for 3 years now, no problems. It's in deserate need of a bunch of stuff (heads, intake, MAF, throttle body, larger injectors) but this is weird.

Any thoughts?
 

Black1987Stang

Active Member
Aug 22, 2004
1,422
0
37
Jersey Shore
Feb 12, 2006
#2
  • Feb 12, 2006
  • #2
I used to have kind of the same deal, I told all my friends I had VTEC joking around haha, I would gun it, it would load up for a sec or do whatever it did and then It just took off like i spray a shot of nitrous in or something , a few times i got the tires to chirp when it did that

Try pulling the codes and post them up...Mine started doing it out of nowhere, lasted about 3 weeks and also disappeared out of nowhere too that was with my stock motor, now i got a different setup in
 

5.0 Nostalgia

10 Year Member
Feb 28, 2003
904
5
39
CT
Feb 13, 2006
#3
  • Feb 13, 2006
  • #3
I would pull all the plugs and see what they look like.
 
M

matm347

Founding Member
Aug 29, 2000
2,056
0
0
Feb 13, 2006
#4
  • Feb 13, 2006
  • #4
the bucking is a lean condition, with your larger than stock cam I would say you need some more fuel down low as larger cams tend to require. I could only fix my bucking/bad low end performance with a tweecer tune. No fuel pressure adjustment/tps could.
 

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
2,773
17
89
Dallas, GA
Feb 13, 2006
#5
  • Feb 13, 2006
  • #5
Check your TPS. (throttle position sensor)
Check codes.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
919
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
F
86 notch NEED HELP!!!!
  • foxbody86
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
130
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 9, 2026
Noobz347
Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
169
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
396
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
G
Help! 93 Mustang 2.3L A4LD dies at idle
  • goofyfoot53
  • Nov 17, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
174
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 17, 2025
goofyfoot53
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?