right turns suck with long tubes

fly4spd

Jan 20, 2004
Las Vegas & Reno
I just got done installing my bbk long tubes, when i started driving i have problems turning right, left there is no problem... i've heard of these headers not clearing the steering shaft completly, any tips?
it kinda clicks as im turning, right now im waiting for the car to cool so i can go investigate.
-aj

• Sponsors (?)

had the same problem with mine except i couldnt turn left or right................... found the problem, lifting my motor had finished off my motor mounts and they were shot so i had to re-do it(i was pist) so see if they are cracked are they the original mounts? also you could raise the motor up in the craddle a little if the mounts are ok and also make sure the motor is seated straight(sounds stupid but it can and has happened) but you dont need a new shaft that is BS i used my stock one for ever and still will with my new combo and my lt's.

I agree with the above posts except for banging on the header tube. Time for some new motor mounts. Do a search, plenty of things on this topic in other threads. I have the Poly kit, but want to go solid. (doesn't shake enough)

I never had this problem with my bbk 1 3/4 long tubes.
I have convertible mounts in my car and a Griggs K member which lowers the engine. Not sure if it was these that helped clear or the Flaming River steering shaft.