Engine Road Map To Hell?

badmts

Oct 11, 2013
Well I am for sure back in the 5.0 biz the 93 lx I bought Thursday is bone stock/unmolested with 139000 (39000 showing). Put a cheap tune(plugs,cap/rotor,wires and fuel sys clean) on it yesterday and old plugs read fine oil and coolant looked NEW (changed anyway) also put on belt. I want to keep this chapter cheap and simple so drop in k&n (gift), 73mm C&L,Offroad X pipe while keeping stock shorties/mufflers. Am I missing any cheap/free hp? Oh yeah tires this Sunday (245/50R16 Firestone) and Shifter and gears should be coming from NORTH POLE!

• Sponsors (?)

You can look into bumping up the timing a few degrees and remove the air silencer if its still there. Also bypass the the coolant lines going to the egr spacer

You can look into bumping up the timing a few degrees and remove the air silencer if its still there. Also bypass the the coolant lines going to the egr spacer
timing will be adjusted tomorrow and silencer is gone ,but the egr thing is interesting! I will investigate that tomorrow too.THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Remove weight where you can, especially if it doesn't impede function of the car (which is in the eye of the beholder). Little things like the engine lift hook bolted to the factory headers come to mind.
ok got a little excited and went for gears,shifter,pullies,clear headlights and tires...h-pipe is here just in the corner til next next tuesday