Rusted shock towers

• Sponsors (?)

To the best of my knowledge, you can only get replacement shock towers from the junk yard, if they are still out there. I haven't seen new replacement shock towers for sale. You can buy the front aprons from Late Model Restoration if those are rusted out and repair the lower part of the shock towers with new pieces of metal. That's what most people do. That's what I would do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No replacement strut towers... but you should be able to just cut out the bad and weld in new metal...they really only rust where they go into the frame rail.. Thats how mine where... you can get new frame rails - https://lmr.com/products/79-93-Mustang-Sheetmetal-Patch-Panels#5507 mine were only rust in that spot where the tower goes into it, so I didn't need to replace the whole rail... so I just cut what needed... and for the lower/bottom part of tower, I just got a small metal panel form tracktor supply, cut and welding it in...

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, I forgot about the replacement rails, but you could save some money buying some proper guage sheet metal and just replacing what you need to.

If you still have his info please send it.

That was about 5 years ago, I don't have that information anymore... but the scottrodfab kit that was posted is really all you need then... there basically the same type of parts I bought from the guy... that outside one with the 3 holes that goes in the wheel well, is really the one I really needed, didn't want to have to make that (not sure the name, but its what the k member bolts attach to with the nuts on top.), most of the rest you can just buy the sheet metal and cut and weld ect.