Rustproofing, finish and upholstery/carpet treatment?

augsburg75

Mar 22, 2011
I just took delivery of a Kona Blue 2011 V6 Premium, auto with Pony Package. The dealer tried to sell me a "vehicle preservation" package for $800. It includes paint sealant, upholstery and carpet anti-stain treatment, and a new rust-prevention method called The Auto Saver System. It's an electronic box that is mounted under the hood, and delivers some kind of electrical charge to all the metal parts in your vehicle, which supposedly inhibits the formation of rust. This concept was totally new to me. This will be my everyday vehicle, about 12,000 mi./yr, and I live in Northern Ohio, where we still get plenty of snow during the winter. The dealer wants $800 for this package. Any thoughts on whether this is a worthwhile investment? I have 30 days to make a decision to ensure the warranties are valid.

• Sponsors (?)

I had my dealer do a similar package. They put a protective wax (probably nothing more than average wax), a stain preventer on the interior, and fully undercoated the car(what i wanted really) for like 750. but i made them cut that in half since i had to wait for my car so long.

I dont drive my car in the winter so rust wont be to much of an issue, but still, i will never let another vehicle of mine rust if theres anything i can do about it.

A few hunderd dollers is well worth it 10 yrs down the road and its still looks like new.

On a side note, the deal your dealer installed probably has something to do with electrolosis. Crevises where water can sit is the problem. You get a crevis between two metal surfaces and salt water gets into it, electrolosis will start and it will start to rust your car.

The machine sounds like a gimick to me honestly . Just make them undercoat the car with some sort of rubberized coating.