Rwhp Guess?

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
Illinois
Well getting ready to redo my complete suspension and was wondering how much I might pick up in ets and guesses on my current HP. Running a stock 5.0 with 70mm mas and tb. Typhoon intake,e303 cam,slightly ported stock heads,full exhaust and a 125 n2o shot. With Hoosier 26x8s ran 12.30-12.40s@117mph with bad 60ft times of 1.8-2.0's. with eibach sport springs,struts&shocks. Going complete rear TeamZ Motorsports rear suspension with ARB,torque boxes,strange struts and shocks. Shooting for high 11's with n20 and low 13.00s n/a. Before I add my 427-TKO next winter

• Sponsors (?)

Well getting ready to redo my complete suspension and was wondering how much I might pick up in ets and guesses on my current HP. Running a stock 5.0 with 70mm mas and tb. Typhoon intake,e303 cam,slightly ported stock heads,full exhaust and a 125 n2o shot. With Hoosier 26x8s ran 12.30-12.40s@117mph with bad 60ft times of 1.8-2.0's. with eibach sport springs,struts&shocks. Going complete rear TeamZ Motorsports rear suspension with ARB,torque boxes,strange struts and shocks. Shooting for high 11's with n20 and low 13.00s n/a. Before I add my 427-TKO next winter
FWIW, I would probably hold off on the ARB. With enough hp and decent enough suspension there is no reason this car couldn't 60' in the 1.5x range and that is not ARB necessary in my opinion. My buddy running with a stock bottom end tfs top end c4 w/ trans brake leaves on a 175 hit from 3500 rpms and dead hooks on the 275 m/t radials every time and is 1.50-1.54 60' every time and no ARB. It may leave you with a decent chunk of money to put towards some aluminum heads or something else. Just my 2 cents :)

I'm not putting any more $$ into the 302 setup. I'm saving for my 427-Liberty gear TKO setup. I have to pull the rear back out anyway to weld the axle tubes and umm (I didn't do the torque boxes yet):nono: I actually have made only 3 passes with the juice and about 6 without. Until now its always been a nice day driver car. I figured I'd start at the back of the car and work forward so by summer of '15 it'll be done at least mechanically speaking that is:shrug: I just want to see if I can bust some high 11's with stock heads,trans and full weight on drag radials before

And I've found out sticks and drag radials don't like each other very much:burnout:
How so? The few NMRA races i've been too this year we have been on the midway near Chad Wendel and his 05 GT with a stock motor and 5 speed leaves at 5,000+ rpm on the 275 pros and hangs the front end for some 11.9x passes every time!

That's why the new suspension. Lol. My lowered,stiff,Eibach suspension sucks at the track. No transfer at all. No squat. Launching on moter alone at anything above 3000rpm produces spin. Even riding the clutch out of the hole with n2o and slowly laying into it is hit or miss. I feel that the adj struts shocks and TeamZ controll arms should get me to at least 1.5 60 ft and 11.xx 1/4 times. Moter alone is at 13.40-13.60s so that should get close to 13.00 or so?! The ARB is mostly for when it gets the HP infusion

I doubt it's making 275, with stock heads, even fully ported that's pushing it. I would say 230rwhp without the bottle.

n/a i put down 260rwhp with a 10.1:1 a/f and a junk exhaust setup. i have ported e7's with 1.94/1.6 valves. if i would have gotten it running correctly with a good exhaust, i'm willing to bet i would have been close to 270rwhp.