Saleen S7 Videos and a Cool Traffic Stop

S/CBlack95GT

Apr 6, 2003
Tampa Palms, FL
I dont know if these have been posted before, but here are two videos of two S7s. They need to get the brakes taken care of though. Lord, that would drive me nuts.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/09-07-06page_Saleen_S7_Twin_Turbo.htm

A couple nights ago I stopped a 2004 Lambo for traveling 125mph in a 70mph zone. The pictures suck because I used my cell phone, but you get the idea. Fun stop.

97248.jpg

97249.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Black95GTS said:
If that was in Massachusetts the guy would have been handcuffed, arrested, and the car impounded.

Does sound like you let him off easy!!

Adam

Well Florida is a :taco: state. I would have arrested him if I could have, but you can't arrest based on speed alone. As the law reads, technically you can only give someone a speeding ticket if they are going 150mph in a straight line. You get the same fine for doing 100mph in a 70mph zone as you do 150 in a 70mph zone. There is a reason Florida has so many crashes and bad drivers.

wow...im actually amazed he stopped. If i was going that fast, i would just roll onto the throttle.....But i guess he can afford the fines.

The funny thing about that s7 at the beginning is that it sounds almost exactly like my car lol...right down to the little bit of whistle from the turbos, too bad i dont have 750hp tho...

S/CBlack95GT said:
There is a reason Florida has so many crashes and bad drivers.

Pretty sure it's because the other states send us their stupid people to live down here. And let's not forget all the immigrants that can't speak English, much less follow our laws and road signs which are also in English.

S/CBlack95GT said:
Well Florida is a :taco: state. I would have arrested him if I could have, but you can't arrest based on speed alone. As the law reads, technically you can only give someone a speeding ticket if they are going 150mph in a straight line. You get the same fine for doing 100mph in a 70mph zone as you do 150 in a 70mph zone. There is a reason Florida has so many crashes and bad drivers.
Wow no wonder theres alot of crashes there...LOL

In mass, the fines are worse. You get a $50 fine for the first 10 miles over the limit. After you pass the first 10 miles, you get $10 per mile added to the $50.

So 125 in a 70 would have cost him about $500 just in speeding fines.

Plus the state police have the power to pull your license and automatically arrest you and charge you with driving to endager. So, he would be screwed...lol

Vic

Pennywise2 said:
Bad cop not donut. :rlaugh:
Why would you waste your time giving that guy a ticket
when their are alot more serious offenders out there.
You wanted to take him to jail that is sad. :nonono:

:rolleyes:
People like you are sad. The guy has a job to do. And considering he's Highway Patrol, those "More serious offenders" aren't normally his business. I'm sure he'd jump on the opportunity to arrest a gang member, or child molester if he got the chance.

Maybe you should go on a ride-along before you start making stupid comments. Maybe the reason he wanted to take the guy to jail is because he's seen things you haven't in your boring life; things like little kids splattered all over the road because some idiot thought it was cool to drive fast. :nonono:

Pennywise2 said:

Yeah I will let a guy doing 55mph over the limit just go past me.....good plan. Ever hear of safety on the roads? A few months ago in the exact area a guy in a Lincoln was traveling over 130mph when he rearended a dump truck. He topped a hill and didnt see the truck in time. He hit so hard the dump truck spun out, overturned, and almost went over the bridge. The truck driver was hurt pretty bad but lived. The guy in the Lincoln splattered his brains all over the front of his car and the rear of the dump truck.

Pennywise2 said:
Amazing if a speeder killed one of your family it's "were's a f***ing when you need one eating donuts" when they are doing there jobs it's "They have nothing better to do then screw with me". Remeber everyone speed saves lives :shrug: