Saw an '05 Mustang on freeway!

tfritz

Founding Member
Sep 27, 2001
SoCal
Hey fellow stangers!

I shared this on the '05 forum as well but wanted to share it with the SVT people.

Cruising South on the 101 Freeway towards Westlake in SoCal and spotted a Light Blue '05 stang merge onto the freeway. :nice:
I slowed to let him catch up and he started to fly up fast. I was hoping he would come up and pace me but did a flyby. :( I dropped to 3rd and reeled him in...I was around 100mph by the time I caught up; not sure if he was trying to pull away. :shrug:

After catching up he was in the lane next to me...threw him a thumbs up and he returned the gesture and left the freeway. :nice:

Anyone in this area know of any new models being tested or on show? I'm thinking it's at the Thousand Oaks Auto Mall. Maybe I'll go down there and ask some questions and take pics if its there (for the non-believers: ttown). :D

Edit: Undo! Damn sorry I wanted this in Talk forum.

• Sponsors (?)

I think they may be selling them already, I saw one out at the Sacramento Airport yesterday. It was a black GT, and I wasn’t much impressed personally. Parked my Cobra next to it and the GT didn’t look nearly as mean, but I guess I’m bias.

when you guys saw it, does it look as nice as it looks from the pictures???? cuz im dying to see what it looks like lol. just about 3 weeks ago i was caught up with either buying an 03 snake or the 05 GT... and i went with the Snake... and im very happy with it.

I wouldn’t say it looks bad at all; it just struck me as somewhat bland in style and not a muscular stance. My thoughts were reassured when I parked my car next to it and saw them both together.

It’s obviously a different look, and I’m sure with some body kits that will come out, like the GTR, it will look totally wicked, I’m happy with my dissension to get the Cobra instead. :D

On a side note looking at the 05 I have some concerns with front-end lift at high speeds with such a blunt front end. I can’t help but wonder what the stability would be like at 120+. :shrug:

LOL, You guys would absolutely cream yourselves in motown.

I saw 4 yesterday. Silver, Blue, Red, and another Blue one. Also saw numerous, as in at least 5 C6 corvettes in Sterling Heights (GM Tech Center). :)

54life said:
camarillo....damn we used to meet up in that parking lot way back when.....remember a blue 5.0? That was me a long time ago

Ha! Did you hang out with...damn the name escapes me right now! He lived in Oxnard and had a Z28. But I think I have a video or picture of the group. :D

I wouldn’t say it looks bad at all; it just struck me as somewhat bland in style and not a muscular stance. My thoughts were reassured when I parked my car next to it and saw them both together.

I second that, it did look bland. Maybe the black would of been better then the blue GT I saw.

misterm4rk

Personally I think you made the absolute right decision going w/ the '03 Cobra. :nice: