• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Scott Drake Heat Extractors

  • Thread starter Thread starter BackInBlack
  • Start date Start date Apr 8, 2016

BackInBlack

5 Year Member
Oct 9, 2011
433
26
49
Southern California
Apr 8, 2016
#1
  • Apr 8, 2016
  • #1
I am very happy with the final product. I will be painting them black when this rain stops.
 

Attachments

  • Snapchat-1840541633259256783.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 530
  • Snapchat-774137041907646822.webp
    67.4 KB · Views: 539

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
5,222
3,254
204
South Jersey
Apr 8, 2016
#2
  • Apr 8, 2016
  • #2
Are these open to the underside? I guess what I'm asking is if it rains will it be raining under the hood? I haven't seen these in person yet.
 

BackInBlack

5 Year Member
Oct 9, 2011
433
26
49
Southern California
Apr 8, 2016
#3
  • Apr 8, 2016
  • #3
84Ttop said:
Are these open to the underside? I guess what I'm asking is if it rains will it be raining under the hood? I haven't seen these in person yet.
Click to expand...

There is another plate that should block the rain and if you look closely there is a slit much like the factory extractor. Ill take another picture when I'm ready to paint.
 
Reactions: 84Ttop

Green Machine

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2001
481
9
28
Lakeland Florida
Apr 9, 2016
#4
  • Apr 9, 2016
  • #4
Awesome!
 

BackInBlack

5 Year Member
Oct 9, 2011
433
26
49
Southern California
Apr 12, 2016
#5
  • Apr 12, 2016
  • #5
84Ttop said:
Are these open to the underside? I guess what I'm asking is if it rains will it be raining under the hood? I haven't seen these in person yet.
Click to expand...
 

Attachments

  • 0411161055a_resized_1.webp
    118.8 KB · Views: 372
  • 0411161055_resized_1.webp
    89.9 KB · Views: 364
  • 0411161044a_resized.webp
    82.6 KB · Views: 365
  • 0411161043b_resized_1.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 328
  • 0411161512_resized.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 423
Reactions: 84Ttop

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
5,222
3,254
204
South Jersey
Apr 12, 2016
#6
  • Apr 12, 2016
  • #6
Great! Thanks for sharing
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

LMR SVE Low Profile Door Handles
  • skian00
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
535
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 13, 2026
dan50
Surging/stalling! problem or tune?
  • djj62478
  • Sunday at 1:53 PM
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
101
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Noobz347
B
For Sale 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra - Black - 5 Speed - 88k Miles - Single Owner
  • Buddy Jake
  • Jun 16, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
1
Views
475
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Jun 20, 2026
Habu135
Old guy new to Forum.
  • 08shelby GT500
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
210
The Welcome Wagon Jun 15, 2026
LILCBRA
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
238
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?