SCT BA-3000 connector question

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
I have a 2000 mustang and im going to be buying a sct ba-3000 and i have a 2000 mustang and it has a 6 pin connector, Can i just plug my harness into the mass air and use the external IAC? Or do i have to swap out the connector for a 2001-2004 harness.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes. Your cant use a 00-04 connector if you wanted to because there is no IAT sensor ( I am pretty sure thats what you ment) in the MAF. To my knolege none of the aftermarket MAFs to include the LMAF come with a IAT sensor in the MAF. If you already running a vortech you should re-locate you IAT to the discharge pipe of the supercharger. It will allow you ecu to correctly see the intake temps.

actually, ive been doing a bunch of research on MAF's cause i need a new one for tuning issues. All my intercooler piping is 3 inch and then when it gets to the lightning maf, it goes up to 90mm and then reduces back down to 2.75 inches for the vortech discharge tube. I was on vmptuning.com and they have 3" housings with the new 05+ slot style MAF's that have built in iat sensors so we dont have to run one seperately. Thats what i'm getting. You just have to buy a pigtail adapter from them to solder to our car's harness.

Yes. Your cant use a 00-04 connector if you wanted to because there is no IAT sensor ( I am pretty sure thats what you ment) in the MAF. To my knolege none of the aftermarket MAFs to include the LMAF come with a IAT sensor in the MAF. If you already running a vortech you should re-locate you IAT to the discharge pipe of the supercharger. It will allow you ecu to correctly see the intake temps.

Wait im confused, My mass air right now only has 4 pins and the IAT is seperate. Do i have to keep it this way and stick the IAT in pipe after the vortech or, should i upgrade the harness? Which is better? Lastly the new ones are automaticly 6pin, would my 4pin harness connect to the 6pin mass air and im gussing the two missing pins would just mean the mass air IAT wouldn't be working since i'll have it wired up another place? Or is the wiring changed withing the harness?

I'm confused im looking at the info on sct BA-2400, it states that is supports 400-575rwhp with Centrifical blower applications and supports 650rwhp with Roots blower applications. Why does the roots get higher hp? i'm confused on why the centrifical gets less than the roots style, what could cause this? They both connect next to the air filter..

Say both of these items cost the same what would you rather buy a diablo sport mafia or a BA-2400 and why? I was considering the ba-3000 which is why i started this thread but im only looking for a max of 600hp and wont pass that so a ba-3000 is an overkill and i can save $100 buying used for a mafia or ba-2400

Are you sure the sct meters come with 6 pins? Again last I checked they didnt. Even if you do run a MAF that has a IAT sensor in the housing I would still run a external sensor in the discharge pype. With the IAT in the MAF in the intake (before the supercharger) your ecu is not seeing the real air temps and you will be more prone to detonation. So keep the maf connector and external IAT the way it is.

Even if the sct meter comes with a 6 pin you can still connect your current maf connector to it and it wont effect anything as long as you use a IAT sensor somewhere else, again preferably in the discharge pipe. Dont even think about splicing in a 6 pin connector.

I personally would rather run a larger MAF over a extender (like the mafia) there are different opinions on extenders out there and I just dont like the idea of them. Also you can find both the new ba 2600 and 3000 for about the same price. the 2600 is rated to 625hp witch is about what you wanted right?

If you are talking about buying a mafia and a ba 2400 I wouldnt. I doubt you would save any money over going with a ba 3000. Like I said though sct has a 2600 now that should do the job you need it to do without a problem. I know I will probably get flamed for this but rpmoutlet has them for $230 witch is $20 cheaper then I got my sniper bazooka 3000 for. If you order from them I recomend calling them and not ordering online. I have ordered from them 4 times and everytime I call and talk to someone and my order has never been screwed up.

Are you sure the sct meters come with 6 pins? Again last I checked they didnt. Even if you do run a MAF that has a IAT sensor in the housing I would still run a external sensor in the discharge pype. With the IAT in the MAF in the intake (before the supercharger) your ecu is not seeing the real air temps and you will be more prone to detonation. So keep the maf connector and external IAT the way it is.

Even if the sct meter comes with a 6 pin you can still connect your current maf connector to it and it wont effect anything as long as you use a IAT sensor somewhere else, again preferably in the discharge pipe. Dont even think about splicing in a 6 pin connector.

I personally would rather run a larger MAF over a extender (like the mafia) there are different opinions on extenders out there and I just dont like the idea of them. Also you can find both the new ba 2600 and 3000 for about the same price. the 2600 is rated to 625hp witch is about what you wanted right?

If you are talking about buying a mafia and a ba 2400 I wouldnt. I doubt you would save any money over going with a ba 3000. Like I said though sct has a 2600 now that should do the job you need it to do without a problem. I know I will probably get flamed for this but rpmoutlet has them for $230 witch is $20 cheaper then I got my sniper bazooka 3000 for. If you order from them I recomend calling them and not ordering online. I have ordered from them 4 times and everytime I call and talk to someone and my order has never been screwed up.

Well i know a guy selling a sct-2400 for $130 which is why i asked. Its rated for 650hp for roots but not centri which i dont understand why there is a difference. Or are they really trying to say that the centri 575hp is blowthrough and if i do it suck through it will work to 650 like the roots?

Well i know a guy selling a sct-2400 for $130 which is why i asked. Its rated for 650hp for roots but not centri which i dont understand why there is a difference. Or are they really trying to say that the centri 575hp is blowthrough and if i do it suck through it will work to 650 like the roots?

If you can get a 2400 for $130 I would take it. I dont know why MAFs are rated differently depending on with power adder (if any) you are using. I know my sniper meter is also rated differently but I know I will never max it out. Keep in mind that if you need a mafia later on you will be around the same price as a 2600unless you get a good deal on a used mafia.

yes you are correct, all twin screw and roots blowers have to be setup in drawthrough whereas a centrifugal can be setup in drawthrough or blowthrough. in drawthrough mode the maf should have the same range as it would on a roots car. In blowthrough is where it loses range, typically you can keep the same range if you have enough 90mm pipe before and after the maf to smooth out the turbulence