seat belt beeping help

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
I just bought a 2000 mustang and it has some problems, So far its nothing big verry minor but this one thing just keeps on bugging me. The seat belt light is always on even when the seat belts pluged in? i dont understand it. Is there a sensor or something? Also how can i get the thing to stop beeping wile im driving? I just unpluged the seat below for a temp solution but would like to fix it so it doesnt think im not in my seat belt. What can i check to fix this?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah i tried it already, The problem is that when i put the seat belt in The light stays on and thinks the seat belt isn't on. Its not working right. in order to disable it it has to be working right first. Its like it doesnt know the seat belt is clipped in?

I think there is something in part the seat belt plugs into. Maybe someone cut the wires down there on accident?

~K

Thanks for the advice i went down there and looked and the wires weren't cut at all, but instead i just unplugged it started the car, the waited a minute turned the car off then plugged it back in and now the seat belt sign is completely gone, This must have disabled it. Thanks