• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Sensitive Radiator Level Warning

  • Thread starter Thread starter silverfz1
  • Start date Start date Dec 4, 2003
S

silverfz1

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
20
0
0
Dec 4, 2003
#1
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #1
I got in the car last night and the radiator light is on so I am thinking **** well you have all been there. Anyway I pull over and pop the hood to take a look and I am amazed at what I see. The level is barely below the fill line, so for grins I got out a some bottled water poured about a quarter of it in and the light went out and hasn't come back on. That's a seriously touchy level sensor.

Brian
 

jadesville

the polarbear conservation corps protects a polarb
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 8, 2003
2,189
0
47
Gresham, OR
Dec 4, 2003
#2
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #2
i've never had that problem before
 

JLstang351

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2001
528
0
0
atl,ga
Dec 4, 2003
#3
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #3
i had that problem when my intake cracked! It stayed on until i got another intake
 
S

silverfz1

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
20
0
0
Dec 4, 2003
#4
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #4
I am kind of worried about it, I figure I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens but adding just a touch of water made the light go out and I don't see anything leaking or even smell any fluids under the hood. So we'll see!!!!
 

jeff1414

New Member
Jun 19, 2003
447
0
0
Sacramento
Dec 4, 2003
#5
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #5
man that light sucks i could not get it to turn off. so i took of the raditator tank off and just took it out because i did not want to pay for a hole new tank! I just got to check it ever so often. Mine came on the first time and didn't come back on for like 3 weeks then it came back and would not turn off
 

Roush97

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2002
1,006
0
36
Greencastle,Pa
Dec 4, 2003
#6
  • Dec 4, 2003
  • #6
the sensor on my 97 is extremely touchy...if the coolant got even the slightest bit low the light would come on
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
249
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
448
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
385
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
352
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
139
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?