Drivetrain Setting Up A New Clutch--Tips Please

Have you watched the Paul Cangialosi videos for how to shim the bearing retainer and set preload? His T5 rebuild videos are very informative.

Read down this thread for the easiest advice on pivot ball height if the plane of the fork on the cable end is ahead of the pivot ball head=bad. If the plane of the fork is aft of the pivot ball head=good. Mine is AFU because I left out the lockwasher now after cable changes quadrant changes adjustments and readjustments it's back off with the trans to put the dang blamit lockwasher back under the pivot and try again. Hope you have better luck.

Thanks, sounds like something I would do.

I did get the trans apart, and found out how exactly to measure whether the cable end is more forward than the pivot ball. So, we're getting somewhere. slowly but surely.

You should not have to adjust the pivot ball, look at what you changed and compare the two pieces, did you change the clutch quadrant or are you still using the stock adjustable one, are you sure the clutch fork is on the pivot ball, is your throw out bearing the correct one and mounted right?

You can remove the pivot without pulling the trans.

How?

Iv been fighting my clutch engagement forever and iv tried just about everything sept messing with the pivot ball.

my setup is a Spec stage 3, Mcleod bellhousing, TKO using a extended arm.

My clutch engages super high, seems like if i adjust it to lower it then it will not disengage.

i would bet a lot has to do with you slapping that bearing retainer on without doing any measurments!