Shaker 1000 Subs

Chad_Diesel

Oct 18, 2004
Has anyone replaced the subs using the factory box?? I want to add more bass to my system but I would like to keep the stock look. I was thinking about aftermarket 10" subs and a amp... Total power around 600w RMS.

• Sponsors (?)

Spdfreak said:
I reccomend JL all the way. A little pricey, but worth every penny.

What is the size of the stock sub box? Anyone know how many cubic feet this box is. That might be a good starting point before we can figure out what subs will work.

i opened the box and the woofers have a good sized magnet and are DVC,the box is 2 separate chambers inside too.......... i think the amp is underporwed though. Im gonna replave them with a custome box as soon as were done building it, but i moght mess with the amps and replace them before.

bigcat said:
please keep sales to the classifieds or use the PM feature.

Believe me, this one could benefit ALL 05+ owners soon enough. I'm working with someone to get custom drivers made for the door enclosures, and I want to get working on some stealth-style trunk enclosures as my next project. This is more research than personal gain.

Isk, I'll be in touch next week- and I'll let you know what the buildhouse says about those 8's.

Infinity said:
Believe me, this one could benefit ALL 05+ owners soon enough. I'm working with someone to get custom drivers made for the door enclosures, and I want to get working on some stealth-style trunk enclosures as my next project. This is more research than personal gain.

Isk, I'll be in touch next week- and I'll let you know what the buildhouse says about those 8's.
cool, I also work at a stereo shop that i partnered with and found som epre fab 'glass enclosures for the trunk corners.