• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Shell

  • Thread starter Thread starter mastayugi91
  • Start date Start date Jan 27, 2016
M

mastayugi91

New Member
Feb 20, 2015
7
0
1
Jan 27, 2016
#1
  • Jan 27, 2016
  • #1
I need a 2000-2004 gt manual shell. Anyone got any ideas on how I can find one?<br />
Also if I buy a automatic 2000-2004 how hard would be to make it stick? What would that swap entail me doing? Im just getting into cars so please be as detailed as you can. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,403
21,610
234
Box behind Walmart
Jan 27, 2016
#2
  • Jan 27, 2016
  • #2
mastayugi91 said:
I need a 2000-2004 gt manual shell. Anyone got any ideas on how I can find one?
Click to expand...

I kinda doubt that.

mastayugi91 said:
Also if I buy a automatic 2000-2004 how hard would be to make it stick?
Click to expand...


You can't.

mastayugi91 said:
What would that swap entail me doing?
Click to expand...
It means that you need to buy a manual transmission and bell housing. You will also need a set of pedals along with all the lines. I'm not sure how the trans is controlled on those cars but I'm sure that someone will be along that does.
 

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Jan 28, 2016
#3
  • Jan 28, 2016
  • #3
Try copart.com

http://www.copart.com/

I bought my current project car off of Craig's list. It had a blown motor.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,403
21,610
234
Box behind Walmart
Jan 28, 2016
#4
  • Jan 28, 2016
  • #4
Oh... the whole car!

I thought he was talking transmission.
 

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
1,484
135
94
SE Georgia
Jan 30, 2016
#5
  • Jan 30, 2016
  • #5
CL, Fleabay, MPS, Local papers... Most junkyards wont sell shells anymore.
 

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
5,222
3,254
204
South Jersey
Jan 30, 2016
#6
  • Jan 30, 2016
  • #6
We found an unmolested 04 body in white 3 months ago in a storage facility... that car is in the chassis shop now

Those cars are out there
 
M

mastayugi91

New Member
Feb 20, 2015
7
0
1
Feb 4, 2016
#7
  • Feb 4, 2016
  • #7
Thanks for throwing me some hope 84Ttop...they seem so hard to find in good condition

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Speedometer Calibration
  • Sonny Bibb
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
4
Views
172
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 13, 2026
Sonny Bibb
S
B
Stuck
  • bshipley
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
111
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 28, 2026
squeak93
L
HELP finding Coyote Swap Shop???
  • Leo090
  • Jun 4, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
383
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 4, 2025
Leo090
L
S
ECU help!
  • starkiller1134
  • Aug 16, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
413
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 17, 2025
starkiller1134
S
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
472
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?