• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Drivetrain Shifting Problem!? Help Please!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter StangBoySargent
  • Start date Start date Jun 21, 2015

StangBoySargent

New Member
Jun 21, 2015
2
0
1
Jun 21, 2015
#1
  • Jun 21, 2015
  • #1
Alright so about two weeks ago I bought a 97 Mustang GT (stage 2 racing clutch and short shifter). Shifting always felt a little bit harder than I thought it should of, I figured that's just how a short shifter is. PS this was my first manual car. I got the hang of it about a week ago and a couple days after it started to act up... So first, it's hard as hell to get it into reverse, recently ive gotten stuck attempting to put it in reverse for a good couple of minutes. The car would also shake like hell sitting in first, almost like I was letting off of the clutch with no gas.. I read the manual and did the clutch adjustment where you pull up on the clutch pedal and push it back down. It seemed to have fixed all of my problem. That lasted about 2 days and now it's getting back to the bs. So I can't get it to go in reverse, putting it into first is a pain sometimes, it shakes a little while at a stand still in first with the clutch to the floor, shifting into gear while driving isn't too smooth either. The car came with pretty much everything but a pro charger. Someone please help...
 

StangBoySargent

New Member
Jun 21, 2015
2
0
1
Jun 24, 2015
#2
  • Jun 24, 2015
  • #2
StangBoySargent said:
Alright so about two weeks ago I bought a 97 Mustang GT (stage 2 racing clutch and short shifter). Shifting always felt a little bit harder than I thought it should of, I figured that's just how a short shifter is. PS this was my first manual car. I got the hang of it about a week ago and a couple days after it started to act up... So first, it's hard as hell to get it into reverse, recently ive gotten stuck attempting to put it in reverse for a good couple of minutes. The car would also shake like hell sitting in first, almost like I was letting off of the clutch with no gas.. I read the manual and did the clutch adjustment where you pull up on the clutch pedal and push it back down. It seemed to have fixed all of my problem. That lasted about 2 days and now it's getting back to the bs. So I can't get it to go in reverse, putting it into first is a pain sometimes, it shakes a little while at a stand still in first with the clutch to the floor, shifting into gear while driving isn't too smooth either. The car came with pretty much everything but a pro charger. Someone please help...
Click to expand...
Bump...anyone?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
445
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
2008 Mustang Bullitt stuck in Fifth gear
  • Jester67
  • Jul 15, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
518
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
Jester67
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
218
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
483
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
P
2002 T5 transmission vibration issue
  • puffoo
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
246
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Feb 22, 2026
puffoo
P
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?