Shoddy Repairs

rotorhead22

Dec 17, 2020
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I decided to just go ahead and paint my intake and install some rebuilt injectors and solder in new connectors. Once the intake was off and tape removed I found two injectors with crimp connectors, really? Also is that bracket/rod on the back of the intake serve a purpose other than to piss you off?

Attachments

• IMG_6983.JPG
    IMG_6983.JPG
    849.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_6978.JPG
    IMG_6978.JPG
    495.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6977.JPG
    IMG_6977.JPG
    490 KB · Views: 102
  • Sponsors (?)

It’s just there to piss you off. That bracket was still on my car when I pulled my intake to replace the intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets. I think most people just leave it off when they put it back together. I ended up putting it back on for some reason though. I can’t remember what it’s purpose is.

So I finally got all the rebuilt injectors in and replaced all of the electrical connectors, vinyl hoses and now I am waiting on the new o-rings for the hard lines. It never ends. I need a boat now.

Attachments

• IMG_7119.jpg
    IMG_7119.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 1 user
3M Butt end blue or red connectors are for (cheap) stereos and emergency trailer repair. Most of the time they hold stronger than the right size wire. But not always, and they are not weather proof. I would be replacing them under the hood, too.