Side window louvers

jeffnoel

Founding Member
Aug 31, 2002
Clovis, CA
I picked up a set on eBay and tried using the 2-sided mounting tape that came with them but they won't stay put. They keep sliding down the window. I've tried proping them up overnite but when I removed the prop they slide down the window within a hour. Has anybody used any thing different to mount them with better results.
:shrug:
View attachment 526282

• Sponsors (?)

I use 3M double sided foam tape, 1/2" wide. It's similar to the original stuff used. It works great and can be found at any good hardware type store.

You can also use clear silicone as mentioned above, I've done that as well.

If I go the adhesive route, what do you do if the windows need cleaning? I'd like to be able to remove them for cleaning if possible. Did the original stuff Ford used allow for removal or did you you have to replace the stuff if you took them off for cleaning?

I wouldn't get silicone near anything other than a fish tank or caulking on house trim.

3M makes some serious 2 sided tapes.

Originally mounted with butyl tape, which makes a mell of a hess when it gets a few years old.

A good double-side autobody tape will hold them on to the point where they'll break if not removed carefully.

Velcro, maybe, since you want to remove them on occasion? Strip up the front, and a pad at the back should be plenty, maybe a couple of small spots midway along to stop flutter.

THE COBRAMAN said:
Velcro, maybe, since you want to remove them on occasion? Strip up the front, and a pad at the back should be plenty, maybe a couple of small spots midway along to stop flutter.

I was thinking this. Try and find the heavy duty stuff they use for EZ-Pass and FastLane. That stuff is serious.

"Velcro"

I have a tinted headlight shield on my sportbike that is secured by four 3/8 inch circular velcro glue on tabs. It's removable, wash/water proof, and stays on no problem at speeds of 100+ mph.

It isn't exactly velcro like you'd find on shoes, rather a clear plastic with interlocking fingers. If you can find that stuff for sale by the foot somewhere you'll be in business :nice:

T0BASC032 said:
"Velcro"

I have a tinted headlight shield on my sportbike that is secured by four 3/8 inch circular velcro glue on tabs. It's removable, wash/water proof, and stays on no problem at speeds of 100+ mph.

It isn't exactly velcro like you'd find on shoes, rather a clear plastic with interlocking fingers. If you can find that stuff for sale by the foot somewhere you'll be in business :nice:

Kent Automotive. Or is it Premier/Farnell these days?

They have it (in fact, I have some here!)