Single handidly...I have the stupidest dog here

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
10,641
8,909
234
Birmingham, al
Why do I always have the stupidest dogs?

Kodi..is a Great Pyranees/ WTF mix..
He herds things.

Over the last year he has decided that the world order is skewed if we aren't in bed by 11. He religiously goes to the middle of the house and starts to bark at about 10 pm.....he wants his evening meal.

Only he won't eat it out of the big assed bowl that is full of dog crunchkins...He prefers the small bowl we bought for his older, Crotchedy Cairn room mate.

He will bark incessantly until I fill that small bowl,...Once done, he lays in front of it for his midnight snack.
IMAG0112_zps4chqdsvp.webp

And the big dog eats from the small bowl, and the small dog eats from the big one.

Then,..every freakin night....once he gobbles that down..he walks to the door, and stands at the door and barks until I open it to let him out.
image.webp
It's every stinkin night.....With his crazy assed lower in front, dis-located shoulder lookin self.
Why do I have these dogs?
 
Sounds like he has a routine you should get in line with...

I tried to take a pic this morning of my German Shepherd. She hates storms, and slept next to our bed with her head under the bed last night. When my flash went off for the pic, she jumped out of a dead sleep thinking it was lightning I assume. The pic didnt turn out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HotFox
Big dogs are just little dogs at heart. He seems happy with his daily routine which is better than him being frustrated and chewing on your furniture. :nice:
 
You should re-name the dog Pavlov.
The dog is actually very smart... Look how well he has you trained... :LOL:

actually the OP should change their name to pavlov, because jr is right, the owner is well trained by the dog.

OP you are going to have to become the pack leader and learn to make the dog follow YOU instead of you following the dog.