• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

SLP "loudmouth"

  • Thread starter Thread starter dg00gt
  • Start date Start date Apr 5, 2005
D

dg00gt

New Member
Apr 1, 2005
5
0
0
Apr 5, 2005
#1
  • Apr 5, 2005
  • #1
I am looking at getting an exhaust system installed on my '00 GT. I am not really sure what to get but I want it to sound really MEAN. I am interested in the SLP "loudmouth", Flowmaster, or Magnaflow. Suggestions please!

Thanks
 

berns82

New Member
Dec 20, 2003
43
0
0
S.Fla soon to be USF
Apr 5, 2005
#2
  • Apr 5, 2005
  • #2
There are a ton of these threads, but I once was in your position, so here it goes. You want that "classic" muscle rumble, Flowmasters American Thunder Catback. I had that, but then switched to SLP LM 1. Different sounding, LOUD, I sometimes miss my Flow's, but not that 2k drone. Do a search, ton of threads, vid, and sound clips. SLP is also all SS, and about $360 shipped
 

langod

New Member
Apr 1, 2005
34
1
0
Londonderry, NH
Apr 5, 2005
#3
  • Apr 5, 2005
  • #3
Try mustangexhaust.com. Once you register on the site, you'll have access to hundreds of exhaust sound clips.
 

ACSPONY

20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 10, 2004
711
2
19
Ohio
Apr 5, 2005
#4
  • Apr 5, 2005
  • #4
SLP is the "ballsiest sound around"- their words, but I'd agree. It's loud even with the factory midpipe. I can't wait to get an o/r H.....
 

StangPro

New Member
Sep 30, 2004
441
0
0
Roseville, MI
Apr 5, 2005
#5
  • Apr 5, 2005
  • #5
Here's the Loud-Mouth with an otherwise stock exhaust on an 01 GT with nothing else but a CAI at the time.
Sound clips towards the bottom.

http://www.stangpro.com/html/articles/slploudmouth.htm
 
F

FalconGuy016

New Member
Oct 26, 2004
437
1
0
Northern VA
Apr 5, 2005
#6
  • Apr 5, 2005
  • #6
^^^ Man I was all excited for dyno results as well
 
D

dg00gt

New Member
Apr 1, 2005
5
0
0
Apr 5, 2005
#7
  • Apr 5, 2005
  • #7
thanks for the help, that sounds really good!
 

caballo

I'm the bastard love child of a threesome gone awr
Jun 4, 2004
0
0
16
Colorado Springs, CO
Apr 6, 2005
#8
  • Apr 6, 2005
  • #8
www.mustangtuning.com sells it for 359.xx but if you put "stangnet" in the coupon code you get an additional 5% off. I ordered mine 3 days ago and the total came to 341.99 shipped.
 

04GT

New Member
Oct 8, 2003
284
0
0
Southwest Ohio
Apr 6, 2005
#9
  • Apr 6, 2005
  • #9
Would this exhaust system be too loud if you live a few blocks from the local police station and drive past it every day?
 

caballo

I'm the bastard love child of a threesome gone awr
Jun 4, 2004
0
0
16
Colorado Springs, CO
Apr 6, 2005
#10
  • Apr 6, 2005
  • #10
Only if you're gettin on it as you go by... Other than that I heard it's pretty tame until 2500rpm. But that would probably cause the popo to notice regardless of the exhaust...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
Hey Ya'll from the North Georgia mountains
  • dulcimerbob
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
7
Views
183
The Welcome Wagon Sep 12, 2026
General karthief
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
106
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
Exhaust Exhaust resonance
  • keel
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
326
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 11, 2026
keel
J
SN95 Hello new to this app
  • James S
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
164
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 11, 2026
Habu135
B
Airaid reduction sleeve?
  • BriansNSane
  • Dec 20, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
179
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 20, 2025
BriansNSane
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?