Smoke / Vapor From Oil Cap?

• Sponsors (?)

That's normal for a worn in engine....but that breather is a no go. Its causing the reading to be off for the MAF sensor. The tube on the filler neck runs to the throttle body. Hiring the gas causes a vacuum on that hose so it can reburn the vapor. Right now it will suck fresh air through that breather and pull fresh air into the throttle body. Ford had a cap on there to keep that from happening.

At idle the PCV valve should be pulling a bunch of that vapor into the intake. Check your PCV valve in the lower intake between intake and firewall. Check the screen below it too. If its clogged it can cause exactly what your car is doing.

Get rid of that breather.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I'd like to see the pic but it shows me nothing. Says my browser isn't compatible. Can someone post the pic normally....in the thread. Thanks!

• Agree
I am a new owner of the car, but receipts show that the block was rebuilt and the heads are new at the time of the rebuild. Roughly 5000 miles on the rebuild. Instead of the PCV valve, it has a mini air filter. It looks like a smaller version of a cold air intake.

X

breather-smoke.gif

Finally got back to wifi and "borrowed" the video file....:nono: I created a gif so we can all see it. Nice smoke...lol.