SN95 Shocks on a '90

• Sponsors (?)

They won't bolt to the spindle right unless you get 11" 5.0 brakes. The 2.3 10" brakes have a larger strut mount, so the struts won't bolt up.
Also, keep in mind that the strut housing is 1" longer on the SN-95 cars, so you will have 1" less suspension travel. Bottoming out the strut will damage it, however i am running a stock 99+ strut and I have not had problems. Just don't plan on lowering the car. :nice:

Converting the 2.3L to a 5.0 brakes

JohnnyC said:
Ive already converted to 87-93 5.0 front brakes. I do plan on lowering the car though so maybe Ill pass on them. Thanks for the help.
About how much did it cost to convert your brakes minus the alignment? :shrug:

I'm looking to do this and I just want the basic shocks off a 90'-93' type 5.0.

Thanks

just depends on how cheap you can get the stuff for...I sold a complete 5.0 spindle assembly (rotors, bearings, calipers, lines, etc) everything needed to bolt on except for struts to ispy malik on here for 60

I did the 5.0 brake swap for cheap. I got the stuff (Hubs, rotors, calipers, shocks etc) for $25 at the local junkyard. A friend works there so he hooked me up. I bought new lines, pads and had the rotors turned which wasnt too much. I know it isnt neccessary to lower the car to attain good handling, but I want to lower my car about an 1" - 1.5", nothing extreme, but handle well. Someone recommended C springs so I aws gonna go with them.

GTPhreak said:
just depends on how cheap you can get the stuff for...I sold a complete 5.0 spindle assembly (rotors, bearings, calipers, lines, etc) everything needed to bolt on except for struts to ispy malik on here for 60

Hey thanks. :nice:

That swap is on the drawing board so to say, some where close to the turbo swap once I figure all the details on the turbo set up for my car.