sn95 steering, what about pump?

Fox_84

Dec 28, 2005
I am putting a sn95 rack and pinion on a 93. I have sn95 r&p with 93 tie rod ends (inner and outer). This is what I best understand that is needed. I also want to do a new pump and lines while I am at it. Does anyone know if a sn95 pump will work or is better and what about pressure and return lines? Is there anything else I need to replace to have all new steering components. Anyone see anything wrong with what I have?

• Sponsors (?)

You are not the first to use a 94-95 PS pump on a fox. I think you'll like it - the steering feel is much less Cadillac-like (lock to lock with your pinky) and it doesnt whine.

Since you'll have both the pump and rack from a 5N95, it should all match up for the hydraulics. I dont know about the Inner tie rods outward, but it sounds like you're all over that.

Good luck.

I am using a 2002 rack and pinion, which I understand are all the same from 94-04, correct me if I'm wrong. They are also the same as the 93 except the internals which make it steer stiffer and the tie rod ends. Does this mean I should use new lines for a 93 or a 2002? And for the pump do I need a 94-95 or can I use a 2002? Will my belt size need changed?

if your going to use a 94-95 pump i would use 94-95 lines.. and as for the 2002 pump its a different pump then a 94-95

so use a 94-95 pump and then use the 94-95 lines