SN95 steering wheel in a Fox?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes. There is a thread on here just a couple of days ago on it. But you will have to replace the wiring connector with one from a 93+ car since the wheel has a different connector for the 93+ cars from the 90-92 cars.
And yes, you can get a red one.
Here is a pic:
SN95wheelinfox.jpg

Thanks! I didnt' notice i had a response here. That look very very nice :nice:

Figures my year is the cutoff date with those wiring harnesses, but that's how it usually goes for me.

Does the CC still work? That's not a big deal to me, but it'd be nice if it did.

Again, thanks!

Not illegal to remove the air bag since it's a SUPPLIMENTAL restraint. It is illegal to remove the PRIMARY restraint...aka the seat belts.

You would need to disclose it to any potential buyers and such, but i doubt you'll be selling the car.

They do have those steering wheels in red, but good luck finding one. i think red interiors in SN95's were 94-95 only.

you can take the airbags off? i heard on a car that came with airbags u cant take them off, id rather have the svo wheel if im not using airbags

mob said:
you can take the airbags off? i heard on a car that came with airbags u cant take them off, id rather have the svo wheel if im not using airbags

Only the owner can legally take them off. It's kinda like removing the tag off a pillow. Nobody else can do it except the owner.

If you do it, you need to reveal this if you ever plan on selling the car.

Mustang5L5 said:
Only the owner can legally take them off. It's kinda like removing the tag off a pillow. Nobody else can do it except the owner.

DAMN that's a load off my mind, I was ready to carry the secret of the missing pillow tags with me to the grave :spot:

I don't get the newer steering wheel either. The newer SEATS match the fox interior but that is the only thing I would take from a newer car, everything on the damn things looks like off a spaceship. :notnice:

Best wheels ae the pre 90 2 spoke wheels with no cruise control, or the 3 spoke SVO wheels.

I can't stand those old-style wheels. My Fox one isn't the coolest thing, either.
gauges.jpg

But hey, we each have our opinions and mine happens to like the new wheels. I'll do some PS work and see if I like the way it looks in my car though.