So frustrated with electrical gremlins

jivepepper

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2002
Under a Sombrero. in WV.
Please help me I have tried everything. I have been having problems since early summer.

My car has weird symptoms. Right now the main one is it's missing/breaking up at wot starting around 3500 rpm. It sounds like its popping and backfiring a little as it does this.

Sometimes It has has a hard time accelerating under part throttle when it does it sounds like it's bogging down.

Then sometimes it just completely dies when at wot and won't start again until I cycle the key off then back on.

The only codes I get is for several coil pack failures.

This what I have replaced.

all 8 coil packs
fuel pumps
alternator
battery
spark plugs
fuel filter
chassis ground

tried different maf
repaired connector at crank sensor because of bare wire.

I'm tempted to replace the chip with a tuner. I think it could be computer related. Plus I could data log.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you tried a different tuner. I was having problems during acceleration (similar to yours) and crusing and it ended up being tune related. The car was fine on the dyno though just during real driving it had problems. Call up another tuner and explain the situation they might be able to fix it quickly. Atleast thats what worked for me.

I was having almost the exact same problems with my car for the last year/year and a half. Even similiar fault codes on my Predator. Found out that it was a cracked reluctor wheel for the crank sensor. I've done some research and found out it's actually a common problem on the GT's. Sean Hyland makes a replacement billet wheel for just over a hundred bucks or you can replace through the dealership for about 40 bucks. I'd be very suspicious of the same problem on your car.