So if I just replace the stock oil pressure sending unit...

• Sponsors (?)

not sure about the question... However, if you disconect the battery while doing your swap, then reconect it, the computer probably wont even realize that anything was removed. Hope this helps!

F8Lstang said:
will I get a warning light? I don't care about having the stock gauge work, but I don't want an error light on constantly.

Just wondering, if you don't care about having the stock guage working, why are you replacing it?

It should not throw any codes when you do this. If you want to be on the safe side, disconnect the battery like 86QtrHorse said. All it is is one wire that is connected to the thing. We are talking about the guage sending unit right?

The gauge sender has nothing to do with the low oil light on 87-93 stangs. The low oil light works off of the oil level sender located on the driver's side of the oil pan.

jrichker said:
The gauge sender has nothing to do with the low oil light on 87-93 stangs. The low oil light works off of the oil level sender located on the driver's side of the oil pan.
:cool:
I am installing an autometer gauge, not a stock replacement, sorry for the confusion.

sorry to jump in on this post buy hey 5.0GT what kind of line did u run to the gauge, that crappy line that autometer gives u doesnt seem like it would hold up? I was thinking a braided line with the right end fittings or is there something cheaper that would work just as good...thanks

gt50stang89 said:
sorry to jump in on this post buy hey 5.0GT what kind of line did u run to the gauge, that crappy line that autometer gives u doesnt seem like it would hold up? I was thinking a braided line with the right end fittings or is there something cheaper that would work just as good...thanks

Find somplace that makes hydraulic hoses. they can make stainless steel braided hose or regular low pressure hydraulic hoses with the ends that you specify. See http://www.amazonhose.com/default.asp for more info