So I'm Now The Owner Of A Ranger.

I've owned 3 rangers so far. A 04 single cab step side 2.3l 5 speed. It did it's job and then some until I got laid off and the bank took it back. An 85 ranger s. 2.0l carb originally. The original motor died at 361,410 abused miles due to the timing belt went on it. 2nd motor was another 2.0l. I bought out of the bed of a f150. Great running motor after its share of work aside from rest main leak and then some. Quart of oil per gallon of gas 26 miles. That finally died and I dropped a 76 mustang 2.3l 2 barrel in it about a month after the can lobe flattened I replaced the can for the previous motor cam and followers
 
And a 3.0l extended cab 5 speed. It was a need work buy but after a few frustrating problems and frame damage in the rear got fixed after I got rear ended it wasn't hard to sell. From what I've heard and somewhat experienced the notorious problem with that motor the heater control valve breaks and leaks coolant all over the motor. Alote of people won't notice or stop and fix it right away and head gaskets going bad. In my case itstreamed like crazy and easy bypass