some questions about axle seals

• Sponsors (?)

I got mine from advanced auto or autozone for like 7 bucks, I installed them with a block of wood and a hammer and you just make sure you are squared up and hit it in until is flush the the part of the housing that keeps it going in anyfurther, ummm cant remember if i used rtv sealant on them or not. good luck, it took me an hour each side to get them out.

when Ronstang did mine, it took a total of 20 minutes to get both out and both new in. You can get em at autozone for like $6 for the pair. Use like a big washer the size of em and tap on em LIGHTLY, even with the washer spreading pressure over the entire seal they still like to go cattywompus, which is why we ended up ruining one.

If you don't have a slide hammer to pull the seal, you can drill into it in a number of places and pry it out wit a screwdriver. Any parts store will have the seals.

I bought a large 3/4 inch drive socket to use as a driver. Size it right, and your will never use a block of wood again. One bad seal install will pay for the socket.