Someone please help me make my own intercooler kit!

imblown-ru

Dec 6, 2005
Roanoke VA
I realllly dont wanna spend 1300+ on the paxton intercooler. Would it be pretty easy to buy a pretty big core and mock up some piping to work? is there a big problem with the amount of room to work with? I want to fit the biggest front mount possible, and will be running a cobra front bumper. Should i have plenty of space or will i be constrained there too? thanks alot for your help!:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

tx2000gt said:
Personally, I'd buy this: http://www.snowperformance.net/proddetail.asp?prod=Auto020

But if you want an intercooler, check on eBay. I dont know if you can use turbo intercoolers with it, but they're always on there.

the problems with the Snow performance boost cooler are that you have to make sure the tank is filled, otherwise you'll blow your engine from the advanced timing if you run out of water/methonal. same problem will happen if the electric motor seizes or dies.

imblown-ru said:
I realllly dont wanna spend 1300+ on the paxton intercooler. Would it be pretty easy to buy a pretty big core and mock up some piping to work? is there a big problem with the amount of room to work with? I want to fit the biggest front mount possible, and will be running a cobra front bumper. Should i have plenty of space or will i be constrained there too? thanks alot for your help!:SNSign:

you can buy a decent intercooler sans piping for $400. the problem is trying to fit all the piping in. your best bet might be to hire someone to do the piping.

DBMSTNG said:
the problems with the Snow performance boost cooler are that you have to make sure the tank is filled, otherwise you'll blow your engine from the advanced timing if you run out of water/methonal. same problem will happen if the electric motor seizes or dies.

well.. yes and no... depends on how you do your tune...

i have my methanol installed before the intake air temperature sensor. This means that when i inject the methanol, the air is chilled, the air temp sensor see's this cooler air and adds the correct amount of ignition advance. However, if i choose to disconnect the methanol injection system, or the tank runs dry etc. the ecu wont add the extra ignition timing as it is not seeing cooler air..

HOWEVER.. that's how I set MINE up. I have the pro racer pack and i checked EVERYTHING TWICE on the dyno....

I have the boost variable snow kit and i am very very happy with the results, picked up over 40hp and 40fl/lbs from installing this kit, and tuning around it...

Good luck with whichever option you choose...

EDGE