Sometimes u jus hav 2 do it urself, 351w build

Today, was christmas. The sexyass UPS man walkin to my door didnt wear a red jacket but he did carry with him a big shiny cardboard box that said summit on it, I knew I was callin into work today. "Cough, cough, Im not feelin so good, need to stay home," and off I went, into the cave, music on, crappy clothes on, sweat a drippin, time to put in the finished product.

So I wondered, what would a full trickflow everything 351w look like and how tall would it be. 7 years later, 4 years of college later, and 8400 bucks later not including gaskets, fluids, and tune-up parts, this is what I came up with.

Photo04201123.jpg

partslist.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i don't think i could bring myself to make a buildsheet with prices of my car. it would probably scare me too much.

very nice combo though. what are you going to tune it with?

Thanks Pro. Yea it was an uncomfortable feeling seeing the "final total" but also kind of fun diggin up all the old receipts and gettin things organized. I even cleaned my garage after I got the motor in, spiderwebs seemed to be holding my car to the floor.
As for tuning im stickin with the stock chip/ecu, wideband 02's, tweecerRT...and some prayer

how did you get it under the hood?

and what is the compression ratio?

Compression I'm at 9.4:1.

As for the hood, I used the Ford replacement for the '95 Cobra R which measured out to give me about 1in of clearence. P/N FMS-M-16612-R58 $489.95.

hood2.jpg

hood1.jpg

I love the redneck giant cowl hood, but the gf says its too redneck, so clean cobra R it had to be, which works...but I liked my way better :) (btw this is when i had the 351w in before only with stock crappy e7 heads)

Mustang13.jpg

Mustang12.jpg

9.4:1 ... so i am guessing you will be able to use low octane gas if you want ... :nice:

or ... a possible future blower ... :evil:

if i were doing mine again, i'd want to go with a CR like yours.

i HAD to keep my cobra hood, so i got a new k member from AJE and had them drop the motor mounts 1 3/4".

:cheers:

Indeed, pump gas street machine was the overall theme of this build. I couldn't bring myself to make an all out track/strip car with the amount of city driving I do.
I'm jealous of the k member, i shouldve done that this time around. That's gonna be either the next phase or possibly a brake upgrade

So word to the wise, anyone using Canton Tall Valve Covers on a 95 mustang, be ready for a alternator fun time trip. I ended up taking apart the alternator and rotating it 2 turns counter clockwise so that the electrical connector wasnt resting on the vc's. Then proceeded to grind off all the excess metal that was touching, ended up with about 1mm space, I coulda ground off more if needed but yea, goodtimes.
Then of course comes the creating of a custom Fusebox to alternator wire, so decided to kick it down with all the rest of the wiring and run it up from the bottom, always thought it was weird how it went right across the motor anyways. other than that pretty smooth swap.

IMG_9082.jpg

IMG_6633.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

dang, that is alot of bends in the intake tubing. the readings from the MAF might be unpredictable because of that 90* bend right before the sensor. good luck with it and let us know how the tuning goes.

Pretty much every CAI manufacturer routes their fender well setups the same way, I don't think it will be a problem. This is why some MAFs are calibrated for CAI use.

Pretty much every CAI manufacturer routes their fender well setups the same way, I don't think it will be a problem. This is why some MAFs are calibrated for CAI use.

Actually a few years ago UPR dynoed 5 cold air kits on my car as a test. The MAC Fender kit (90 Degree) bend made the least amount of HP. Rerouting air with an aggressive turn does fluctuate air velocity. A Straight shot kit made the most HP (straight 3.5" Pipe to the throttle body with MAF and filter on other end not in fender). The one in this picture does have too many turns. It will still work but there's probably some HP with a straighter shorter shot to the throttle body.