• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Speaker Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmontzsta
  • Start date Start date Nov 20, 2010

dmontzsta

Founding Member
Aug 6, 2001
111
0
16
SoCal
Nov 20, 2010
#1
  • Nov 20, 2010
  • #1
I have 4 6.5" Polk speakers with 1" tweeters that came out of my car I owned previously. They really sound flawless and I love the set up. Is there an adapter plate? or will they fit in my 99 GT with the MACH 460? I think the size is oblong right now, but they are some aftermarket infinitys.

Thanks.
 

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
1,343
33
69
Nov 21, 2010
#2
  • Nov 21, 2010
  • #2
dmontzsta said:
I have 4 6.5" Polk speakers with 1" tweeters that came out of my car I owned previously. They really sound flawless and I love the set up. Is there an adapter plate? or will they fit in my 99 GT with the MACH 460? I think the size is oblong right now, but they are some aftermarket infinitys.

Thanks.
Click to expand...

If they are still the factory speakers they are 4x6 I believe. 6.5" speakers will fit depending on the mounting depth since our doors arn't deep at all. I have some eclipse speakers now and they sound great. I used an Alpine adapter that comes with their speakers for it. It might not sound great unless you add an aftermarket amplifier though since the Mach systems arn't powered that well.
 

dmontzsta

Founding Member
Aug 6, 2001
111
0
16
SoCal
Nov 21, 2010
#3
  • Nov 21, 2010
  • #3
ahall2004 said:
If they are still the factory speakers they are 4x6 I believe. 6.5" speakers will fit depending on the mounting depth since our doors arn't deep at all. I have some eclipse speakers now and they sound great. I used an Alpine adapter that comes with their speakers for it. It might not sound great unless you add an aftermarket amplifier though since the Mach systems arn't powered that well.
Click to expand...

I guess I need to take apart the door and see what is in there. I know the back speakers are oblong and are Infinity. I have no idea what is in the front. I have an aftermarket 4 channel amp for the inside speakers and a 2 channel already hooked up for the sub. I believe the MACH is long gone, just the grilles in the back are left. Is there a place that sells speaker pods to fit 6.5"?
 

nancygrl

Member
Nov 25, 2009
257
4
18
Nov 22, 2010
#4
  • Nov 22, 2010
  • #4
the factory door speakers were also oblong speakers.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
186
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
P
Interior and Upholstery Door Speakers- found suggestion to go component, not coaxial
  • pindude80
  • Apr 21, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
13
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 28, 2025
Mindseye007
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
192
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
462
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
107
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?